Man has been obtaining resources for his survival and needs from Mother Earth. However, over the centuries, these needs have grown tremendously and so has the Human Population. The resources that Earth can offer us are limited and the rate at which Humans are harvesting them shows that we are in danger of killing our lovely planet.
Don’t believe me? These 27 images will make you believe that we are in grave danger!
1. A bird’s eye view of the over-developed metropolis of Mexico City (with more than 20 million inhabitants).
2. Want Thermal Power? Think again! Look at the air pollution caused by a lignite coal power plant!
3. Look how the over-demand of tourists can almost destroy a Paradise – the Maldives, a popular vacation spot that is threatened by rising sea levels.
4. Diamond’s are forever! So is this ugly man-made crater created to excavate those shiny stones! This is the Mir Mine in Russia, the largest diamond mine in the world!
5. Only 3500 tigers left? Who cares as long as we get money! Murdering Poachers pose with the skin of a Tiger they killed.
6. Would you like to Surf the waves with floating filth? No? Then think twice before polluting the ocean!The Indonesian surfer Dede Surinaya rides a wave of filth and trash (Java, Indonesia).
7. The beginning of Black Friday at an electronics store in Boise, Idaho after Thanksgiving.
8. Ever wondered where your old tires go? Probably in a landfill similar to this one! A landfill for worn-out tires in the desert of Nevada.
9. Melting ice does not make a beautiful waterfall. Its rather terrifies you to see how fast Global Warming is advancing and the scary speed at which our polar ice-caps are melting!
10. Buying a new laptop? Or a new Smartphone? Have you thought what happens to the old one? Tons of broken electronics end up in developing countries and are stripped for precious metals by using deadly substances.
11. This is an elephant killed by poachers for its tusks. It was left to rot after its purpose (Tusks) was served.
12 . A burned down rain-forest. Goats used to graze here.
13. A Mongolian farmer cannot bear the stink of the polluted Yellow River in Inner Mongolia.
14. A massive truck delivers a load of oil sands for processing. Oil sand is considered the energy source of the future.
15. Excessive Air Traffic over London may look good to the eyes but its effect on the ecology are devastating!
16. A fire storm destroys in hours a forest in Colorado which probably took centuries to grow.Increased incidences of wild fires are a result of climate change.
17. Enjoying downtown and its night-life? Think for a moment about the resources spent to cater to the energy demand. This night-time spectacle in downtown Los Angeles!
18. One more horror of Oil Sands mining in Alberta, Canada. The scars left behind from the mining will take centuries to heal!
19. This is the land pollution caused by a waste incineration plant in Bangladesh.
20. It takes a thousand years to grow a forest and a few days to kill it for a new dam.In Oregon, this thousand year old forest fell victim to the chain saw.
21. The area around Almeria in Spain is littered with greenhouses as far as the eye can see – simply for a richly filled dinner table.
22. Brazilian Rain Forests accounted for 20% of the world’s Oxygen Supply. But we cut a lot of them and now are repeating the debacle in Canada. Humans never learn!
23. While the entire world watched the events of Fukushima, a massive heat and power station was burning just a few miles away. All attempts to extinguish it where fruitless.
24. Disappearing ice caps are robbing polar bears of both their living space and food.This polar bear was the victim of melting ice caps and starved to death in Svalvard, Norway.
25. And yet another over-crowded Metropolis – a bird’s eye view of New Delhi (over 22 million inhabitants).
26. Suck the Earth Dry! An oil-field in California and the merciless over-exploitation by oil-hungry humans.
27. Here’s what was found inside a dead albatross. This shows what happens when we litter. We turn our animals into living dumpsters.
The greed of humans for money and their ever increasing needs have brought us to the brink of destroying our planet Earth. If we don’t act now, we will ensure that our Children will have to live in a toxic waste land which was once a beautiful planet called Earth.
“When the Last Tree Is Cut Down, the Last Fish Eaten, and the Last Stream Poisoned, You Will Realize That You Cannot Eat Money.”